Spicy Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pumpkin Seeds and Halloumi Cheese
Roasted brussel sprouts are an all-time favorite and there are so many ways to mix it up. This dish can be served as a side dish or in larger portions over rice, even a meal.
1 bag (~4 cups) fresh brussel sprouts
2TBSP olive oil
1 close garlic, minced
1TBSP maple syrup
1TBSP dijon mustard
1TBSP lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds
~1/4 cup Halloumi cheese, crumbled
Chipotle aoli (optional, prepared)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wash and dry brussel sprouts. Cut in half and place in a large bowl.
- Mix olive oil, maple syrup, dijon, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in small bowl. Add to brussel sprouts and pumpkin seeds and toss.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes. Bake for additional 5-10 minutes at 450 to get them extra crispy (but not totally burnt). This is really a preference…. I like them extra crispy and a little charred on the edges.
- Let sit for a few minutes then add the crumbled Halloumi.
- Drizzle chipotle aioli over (optional).