Simple Summer Dinners
Summer days seamlessly transition to summer nights. You’re relaxing outside, enjoying the day and before you know it, it’s 6pm and you need to figure out what to do for dinner. Let’s face it, sometimes it’s the last thing you want to do!
Here are some super simple, summer dishes that you can prepare in under thirty minutes, or make ahead. Each of these serves as a stand alone meal, or a side dish.
Pesto Tortellini with Chicken and Peas
*Good hot or cold! Great for leftovers.
- (1) large package of fresh store-bought tortellini
- (1/3 c) fresh homemade or store bought pesto (or to taste)
- (1) package frozen peas, cooked
Instructions: Cook pasta and peas according to directions. Toss them in large bowl with pesto. Easy peas-y! Homeade pesto recipe here.
This is great to make ahead and incorporates a lot of summer’s bounty. It’s a good side dish or make it a meal with a baguette. Find the recipe here.
Greek Orzo Salad
- 1 package orzo, cooked
- 1 container crumbled feta cheese
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 4 roma tomatoes (or 1 red pepper), diced
- Protein options (optional): diced grilled chicken breast, tuna fish, chick peas, diced grilled tofu
- Lemon juice (2 TBSP or to taste)
- Olive oil (1/4 cup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions: Mix all ingredients except those for the dressing in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing and then toss it with the salad.
What are some of your favorite summer recipes? We’d love to hear about them! Make sure to comment below or share with us on social media – Facebook or Instagram.