5 Easy Ball-Night Dinners
Tis the season for dinner on the run. This time of year, take-out is as all-American as Baseball! There’s nothing wrong with take-out (or the snack
shack) but it can get old and expensive. Here are a five ideas for simple on-the-run dinners:
1. Sloppy Joes. Sunday night’s bolognese makes the perfect sandwich filling for Monday night’s meal between practices.
2. Fajita Burritos. Taco Tuesday? Make some extra and use it to fill tortillas and the next night. Taco or fajita filling works. Zap
it in the micowave for 30 secs and you’ve got dinner!
3. Mediterranean platter. Get a couple food storage containers with multiple compartments like these.
Place pita triangles in one, veggies of choice (carrots, slices cucumbers, tomatoes, etc), cheese, olives, hummus and whatever appeals in the others.
Make a bunch after dinner or over the weekend and stack in the fridge so they’re ready to grab in a pinch.
4. Smoothies. Combine milk, protein (powder, Greek yogurt or PB), frozen and/or fresh fruit and you’ve hit all the high points
nutritionally. Throw in a sandwich and you’ve got a satisfying meal.
5. Snack attack. This is by far, my kids favorite! Throw a bunch of snacks together. Try to select a produce, a protein
and a carb. For example, try Vermont Smoke and Cure beef sticks, cheese sticks, fresh
fruit, raisins and a couple bags of starchy snacks (veggie straws, pretzels, Pirate’s Booty).
What are your go-to on-the-go meals? We’d love to hear!